(Boylove Documentary Sourcebook) - The Conventional Pederastic Ancient Greek Lyrical Motif of the Secondary Hair Growth of a Young Male Beloved Signalling the Decline in His Physical Attractiveness, as Featured in a Poem by Asclepiades of Adramyttium
From Homosexuality in Greece and Rome: A Sourcebook of Basic Documents, edited by Thomas K. Hubbard (Berkeley: University of California Press, 2003). Footnote omitted.
Now you ask, when fine down creeps
Below your temples and sharp hairs upon your thighs.
Then you say, “For me this is sweeter.” Would someone also say
That the dry stubble is better than the smooth corn?
- Puerilities: Erotic Epigrams of "The Greek Anthology" (book)
- Adult friend (dictionary)
- Age of attraction (dictionary)
- Athenian pederasty
- Cretan pederasty
- Greek love
- Historical boylove relationships in ancient Greece
- Loved boy (dictionary)
- Minor-attracted person (dictionary)
- Pederasty in ancient Greece
- Philosophy of ancient Greek pederasty
- Spartan pederasty
- Theban pederasty
- Young friend (dictionary)