UPDATE MARCH 2016: The policies of Safe-mail may have changed, as they were recently harassed by the U.S. government. Please check their site for details regarding creating new e-mail addresses.
Posted by Randy on 2013-December-10 16:18:50, Tuesday
E-mail that is safe and secure is a problem for us, and you often see posts with questions regarding e-mail accounts that can be used by BoyLovers safely.
Safe-mail.net is run by an Israeli, and the server appears to be in Japan, so less chance of Law Enforcement Officers having access to your account.
You need to set up the account correctly. The following directions should be accurate. Let me know if I've missed a step.
Welcome message to Safe-mail.net
- Welcome to SAFe-mail
- Safe-mail is the most secure, easy to use communication system. It includes encrypted mail system with collaboration features and document storage functions. Always accessible at any time from anywhere!
- 3 Mb space is free. More space and functionality is supplied under Premium Packages. There are no advertisements, downloads or cookies. Safe-mail supports most hardware platforms and any operating system. Includes file storage, spam filters and anti virus protection. Full compatibility with most browsers, email clients and all relevant protocols including POP, SMTP, IMAP, S/MIME and PKI.
Instructions to set up an account
Go to safe-mail.net
- - click on 'Sign up now'
- - put username
- - put password
- - re-type password
- - enter the characters in the 'Enter the text as it is shown in the box' field.
- - when it finally works, click on the continue to your account message.
- - immediately sign out of the account
- - sign in again BUT be sure to choose the 'Fast (no scripts or icons)' option from the 'Choose interface field'
- - you may get the message that you are already signed in - click continue
- - choose Pref from the top-right-hand choices on the screen
- - scroll down to 'IP checks', click the 'General' just above it.
- - choose 'Do not check IP addresses' (otherwise you will constantly get errors because Tor changes your IP address frequently)
- - click update
- - again click Pref
- - scroll down to Interface, and click on it.
- - choose the 'Fast (no scripts or icons)' (Then when you sign in, you do not have to choose the 'Fast (no scripts or icons)' - it is automatic.
- - click update
For added protection, you should use PGP, with GPG shell (for Windows users) to encrypt your messages before sending them. I cannot explain how to set those up. Perhaps some kind poster could post a PGP-FOR-DUMMIES guide, or a link to one - one that is CLEAR AND EASY TO FOLLOW, with idiot-proof step-by-step instructions. ;-)
You Are Welcome (said now, since it is highly unlikely any 'thank you' will be posted in response to this post... ;-) ...)
SOURCE of the above: http://www.boychat.org/messages/1370828.htm