- Now at https://www.newgon.net/
Newgon.com is a website/organisation set up by Juan Gonzalez Llort and Jillium on Jun 8, 2007 - after Google's censorship campaign against a number of small-scale "blogging for truth" type sites hosted on their blogger service. The organisation calls for a little-seen but growing trend in "Cyber Activism" for the spread of positive information in the area of sexuality involving minors and adults.The website comprises of a forum, weblog and informational wiki, and is maintained by the Newgon.com Support Team.
Early in 2014, the internet provider posted a message on Newgon.com's main page requesting that the owner of the site contact him and that registration and posting had been disabled and Newgon was set to "read only" as it appeared the site had been abandoned by its owners. This message remained until July, 2014 when the domain name expired and the site went offline.
Expired Security Certificate
The security certificate of the site expired as of yesterday, therefore there is the possibility that accessing the site may expose someone to serious security risks, including the exposure of the browser's home internet address. Here is the current message:
- This Connection is Untrusted!
- You have asked Tor Browser to connect securely to www.newgon.net, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
- Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. :However, this site's identity can't be verified.
- What Should I Do?
- If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.
- www.newgon.net uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on 4/12/2016 8:02 PM.
- The current time is 4/13/2016 11:47 AM.
The beginnings of this site...
Some time in late 2005, I was reading the daily news breakdown on "Rotten.com", and in coming across a reference to a "NAMBLA membership card" on one of their obligatory TeenBoy sex comment threads, decided to investigate further. Having been of the opinion that the contemporary conflict between the "inherent corrupting nature" of sexuality and the "innocent" child is largely constructed since my early teen years, I was fascinated that there may be campaigning organisations that represent my point of view. I quickly moved on to the NAMBLA website and those which were linked to it, especially the English translation of Vereniging MARTIJN's site. I decided to help MARTIJN by proofreading a couple of their articles whilst at the same time perfecting my debating skills on an unrelated bulletin board. After being banned from this board for upsetting the locals, I moved on to the (until recently) free-speech tolerant IIDB.org, where I would eventually take part in many debates on intergenerational love and other moral issues such as homosexuality and abortion. It is from one of these debates that the idea for "Debate Guide" was conceived by myself and developed with the help of a collaborator, Raza, who had been toying with these debates on an off for much longer than myself.
From that point, I continued to build the guide using free hosting from Google and inspiration from my own thoughts and many online resources. I went on to start an "easy reading alternative"; a blog called "Game ON!" (Hence the New-G-On that you see today) on Google's Blogger.com. After only a few months and a hate campaign by rabid "AntiPeds" (as a side note, I have never had a pedophilic preference, although the label is often used as a straw-man), my blog was removed. The rest of my Google hosted sites would not take long to fulfil their destiny of reaching the online freedom of speech graveyard. From all of these sites, only my original blog and a few spin-off pages still existed, and even this was largely due to my more widespread efforts in preventing the addresses of deleted websites from being swallowed up by vigilante elements.
So what next? A few e.mails to free hosting providers confirmed my suspicions; hardly anyone is willing to risk hosting speech that is truly free, in both societal and monetary senses of the word. After asking for help, I was directed towards NearlyFreeSpeech.net, a paid host that is only concerned with the legality of its content. Using this service, and the help of another web administrator, Jillium, I am re-hosting DebateGuide, along with a stable of other resources including what should become a community of like-minded activists.
Newgon.com is somewhat popular with youth who are disillusioned with public morality that suppresses their sexual autonomy. The website makes repeated references to adults' testimonies of sexual relationships in their youth.
- Newgon.com sometimes hosts discussions involving minors, some of whom are self-identified as themselves being sexually attracted to other minors. A minor's right to free participation is derived from international convention and other human rights agreements. In the case of Newgon.com, this right is fully "protected" by our exclusion of "adult" material such as pornography. Any attempt to "save" a minor from viewing or participating in Newgon.com (with curfews, censorware, violence or other means) is tantamount to thoughtcrime and is likely to backfire due to resistance from the minor themselves.
The registration is masked by a proxy service to reduce the risk of harassment, since the early beginning NewGon domain name and hosting was registered with a USA based self-proclaimed free speech host called NearlyFreeSpeech, in 2013 NewGon hosting company decided to require identity documents to the webmaster prompting NewGon to go offline while searching for a new hosting company without strict ID requirements. 
- http://www.boychat.org/messages/1340832.htm BC NewGon thread
The Death of Newgon.com to understand the real tragedy -- that tens-of-thousands of links on other web pages are now forever invalidated!