Talk:List of boy movies
I recommend adopting a rating system for boy movies, issuing a 1 through 10 in various categories so that it will be easy for people to, um, see which movie they would like to see. Similar to boys on your screen or that old site (what was they name, they had the keagan rating system :)?) Then I can know immediately if the film lives up to my "artistic" expectations. Vespucci 00:04, 1 December 2005 (EST)
- But then we need some consensus on what will be the background for the rating, so people won't rate movies just based on how cute the boys are :p And maybe we also should have a small reasoning with the rating (for why it is rated so-and-so), I think that will be just as useful as the rating itself. Maybe we should also have several separate ratings with each individual users name, so we won't end up having big fights on what the 'official' rating of BoyWiki on certain movies would be? Then an 'average' rating could also be presented, based on the individual users ratings :) I think that was a great idea Vespucci, just adding some suggestions on my own Still young 17:28, 1 December 2005 (EST)
- If the ratings are correctly categorized then one overall rating system would be fine. Arguement is what talk pages are for! --Vespucci
- Rubbish! People never argue on talk pages! :p --Mr A 21:22, 1 December 2005 (EST)
- I believe ratings will be better handled by a movie database such as B.O.Y.S. BoyWiki is an article database, and implementing such a rating system will mean a lot of manual work, organizing ratings, calculating averages, ensuring fairness, etc. Why do something the computer can do? ;) Perhaps B.O.Y.S. can be persuaded to implement such a system, or let someone else use their database to do so.
- What BoyWiki can be really good at, is providing lots of background and context for the movies in an organized way. Maybe Hínandil will make us an interwiki link to B.O.Y.S.?
- If someone does go ahead with a rating system, I would encourage to separate as much of it as possible from other content, so that this article, for instance, would not be cluttered by scores of ratings and reviews for each title.
— Asch talk to me 20:47, 2 December 2005 (EST)