|Note this page is still under construction.|
List of Works
- Aki no yo nagamonogatari秋夜長物語(Long story for a fall night)
The tragic connection between the monk and the young Keikai Umewaka.
An evil stepmother almost manages to prevent the binding between a monk and a chigo that escape an assassination attempt. Following these tests, the boy chooses to renounce the world and enter religion.
Gemmu a Ohara priest meets a boy of fifteen, Hanamatsu, and falls in love. At the end of his quest he will find that the ghost of the novice, and his young murderer. ( XV century )
The stepmother Hanamitsu creates difficulties that lead him to suicide . But these events lead to his father and his brother-awakening to religion.
- Matsuho no ura monogatari松帆浦物語 (The story of Matsuho beach)
- Saga monogatari暛峨物語
- Toribeyama monogatari鳥部山物語 (The story of Mount Toribe)
- Margaret H. Childs published a study in English on chigo monogatari, followed by the complete translation of Aki no yo nagamonogatari " Chigo Monogatari, love stories or Buddhist sermons? ". (Downloadable article)
- Chigo in the Medieval Japanese Imagination - University of Washington
- 1000 Years of Pretty Boys « The Hooded Utilitarian