Electronic Frontier Foundation
Their mission statement is as follows:
- "If America's founding fathers had anticipated the digital frontier, there would be a clause in the Constitution protecting your rights online, as well.
- Instead, a modern group of freedom fighters was necessary to extend the original vision into the digital world.
- That's where the Electronic Frontier Foundation comes in.
- Just as Patriots fought for liberty and freedom, we fight measures that threaten basic human rights. Only the dominion we defend is the vast wealth of digital information, innovation, and technology that resides online.
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation is a group of passionate people — lawyers, technologists, volunteers, and visionaries — working in the trenches, battling to protect your rights and the rights of web surfers everywhere. The dedicated people of EFF challenge legislation that threatens to put a price on what is invaluable; to control what must remain boundless.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation: Because being able to share ideas and information is the reason the Web was created in the first place!"
The site has a great deal of archived information and is well worth a visit.