Talk:List of boylove-related publications
Etenne: I already have most of the important books and articles listed here.
And I have read them all, too. Would doing that make me something of an "expert" on the subject of Boylove? Or even an authority on the subject? What do you think? User4 (talk) 01:25, 11 May 2016 (UTC)
- Yes and no. Just because you have read the PDR doesn't make you a doctor. What makes you an expert on BL is that you have lived it and survived, (IMHO) and I respect that. I am sure we could argue all day on what constitutes an "expert" but I simply don't have the time or the energy to do that right now. I accept that you have one POV on BL that is just as valid as Andrew Calimach's one view on ancient Greece however that does not mean that this view is representative of all BLs or even the majority of BLs nor does it give you a monopoly on "the truth". We are a diverse people. However that being said, I am the person in charge and there are some things that I personally will not allow on BoyWiki and I will delete without debate including anything that I feel promotes child abuse (in my estimation) including but not limited to things that promote sex tourism, child prostitution, S&M and bondage, anything to do with sex with animals, anything that I feel goes beyond a PG rating (sex stories), and entries that I feel don't represent the love in boylove. Also, you need to keep in mind that I give you much more latitude than I do others as I feel you are very knowledgeable and have much to contribute. However that does not mean there are not limits and I would strongly recommend that you continue to try to be an asset rather then a liability. --Etenne 12:51, 11 May 2016 (UTC)
- All opinions (POVs) are not created equal. Some opinions are totally uninformed, some are marginally informed, some are well informed, and--worse--some opinions are misinformed. Those tend to be the most harmful. To treat all opinions equally is foolish, to say the least.
- Many (perhaps most) of the "articles" on BoyWiki were written by amateur BoyLovers (in terms of their real-world experience with boys and BoyLove, and in terms of their educational attainments) who were either uninformed, poorly informed, or even misinformed.
- Having someone at BoyWiki who is both active and well informed to edit/add articles is a tremendous asset for BoyWiki, one which would not be treated lightly by any other well-informed person.
- My opinions are very well-informed opinions. When I state that something is a "fact", this means that I am stating something which another well-informed person would recognize as being well-informed, and that they would accept my statement with little or no question. Those who contest the "facts" I state tend to be either uninformed, poorly informed, or totally misinformed.
- I suggest that you could become better informed by reading the articles listed on the article page of this talk page. The more reading you do, the better informed you will become. Eventually you, too, may become well-informed.
- If you feel that I am a liability to BoyWiki, then please remove me immediately from the list of editors.
- (By the way, almost all of my sexual experiences [aside from the onanistic ones] have been with animals. But I stick to members of my own species, of course.)
- (Oh, and if you'd like a digital copy of the 2015 PDR, I've got one for you.) User4 (talk) 23:40, 11 May 2016 (UTC)