Wish list of suggested improvements to BoyWiki
(How about using a template similar to that used in "requesting file uploads"?)
- a request for the ability to choose to see "Recent changes" with only the articles and talk pages that I have not already responded to -- in other words, excluding the stuff I've already dealt with. User4 (talk) 18:07, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
Special pages - move date listings to separate list
- I also would like to suggest that on "Special:All pages" that the date listings be broken out of the listing and put in a separate list. They are very distracting, and not useful for most people. User4 (talk) 20:27, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
Excluding edits from page accessed counter
- Excluding edits made by editors from the "number of times page accessed" counter. What is, I believe, of interest is the number of times that visitors have viewed a page, not how many internal edits were made to the page. User4 (talk) 05:40, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
Coding of BW articles
- A "code system" or shortcut for each BW article, so that one could add a "see also" by simply adding something like:
- ... then the software adds the brackets, article title, etc. This would save a lot of time for editors, and improve(?) the accuracy links and "See also's.
An .XML dump of BW would only be a couple of megabytes maximum.
An .XML file can easily be exported and imported into wikis.
BW is publicly available under its licensing terms, so an export of the wiki as an .XML file is perfectly permissible.
Making a series of corrections (spelling corrections, the adding of links to existing BW articles of key words, etc.) is extremely easy when editing an .XML dump of BW.
Making the changes article-by-article is extremely tedious, inefficient, and an incredible waste of time when page-loading/saving are taken into consideration.
Were a dump available to me, I could make hundreds of additions/corrections in a matter of a few minutes, rather than a few days.
The only problem I see is the "breaking out" of the articles which have been newly changed/corrected from the then newly exported .XML file, and then the importation each of these into BW.
New category under Encyclopedia
How about under the "Subcategories" section of "Encyclopedia" putting a new category, "Security for BoyLovers", under which things like "How not to out yourself", "E-mail accounts", etc. can all be listed together to make it easier for our visitors to quickly find them. This would help BoyLovers to stay safe!