YoungCity provides a supportive environment where boylovers, girllovers, and others interested in childlove can share thoughts, opinions, feelings, and experiences. Its forums are online meeting places where questions, advice, and debate take place freely in an atmosphere of comfort and mutual respect, and where educational material and information about boylove can be shared.
The early days
Young City opened to posters on February 28, 2010. It was founded by Tabris, with technical help from the BoyLover.net member formerly known as "Maxy".
The original group of members were made up of people made "homeless" due to the demise of BoyLover.net in November 2009. These people were able to keep in touch with one another during Young City's development thanks to a temporary board, "Tabbykins", which was hastily and heroically set up by Tabris shortly afterward. It was members of this board, BLn refugees all, that comprised the original membership of YoungCity. This is why that, despite the official mission that this be a childlove board, the majority of the membership are BLs.
Founded by Tabris, YoungCity was opened to the public on 28 February, 2010. Many original members were, in essence, refugees after BoyLover.net went offline in November 2009. Tabris originally set up a temporary board, Tabbykins, until he had YoungCity fully ready.
After Tabris decided to step away from the board scene Underdog took over as owner for a brief period of time before turning it over the PartiBoi. With the help of Boi helper, PartiBoi ran the board for the majority of it's life. In July 2016 PartiBoi stepped away and many feared YoungCity was lost forever.
On 16 August, 2016 YoungCity reopened it's doors thanks to a new owner, Humanist Zombie. With the help of previous YC staff the board was recreated, re-hosted, and reopened.
The board staff takes security and privacy issues very seriously. Precautions include:
- The main forum is SSL encrypted.
- Members are encouraged to use TOR or VPN when using the forum.
- No member of staff, regardless of their position, can see IP addresses.
- IP addresses are never logged on the forum, nor are any incoming IP addresses during registration.
- All incoming memberships emails/ usernames are checked with various sources such as Facebook, Search engines etc. to verify that the information provided isn’t linking to IRL accounts. Any accounts found that links to personal information are messaged by their Guide, suggesting that they change their information to safeguard their privacy.
- Inactive membership accounts are regularly purged.
- The Board is moderated diligently to ensure content is legal in most international jurisdictions, while allowing members as much freedom to express themselves as is considered safe. To this end, the content might be considered relatively benign and conservative.
- The use of the board's facilities for any illegal activity is strictly prohibited and any member placing the membership at risk by engaging in such activity can expect their membership to be terminated immediately.
- Regular security updates are posted by the Management to ensure members are kept up to date with both the latest threats to their security and, to keep them advised of the latest recommendations for combating the current threats.