Lasse Nielsen is a writer/director known for his "coming-of-age" films, particularly stories featuring gay adolescents.
- 2013 Happy Birthday (Short film) - Life can be frustrating for a 14-year-old boy in Denmark, where the age of consent is 15. 
- 2010 Lek and the Waterboy (Short film) - 14-year-old Lek works in his mother's shop. While his best friend flirts with a new girlfriend, Lek has decidedly different fantasies.
- 2010 The Story of Net (Video) - Orphaned by the death of his mother, 12-year-old Net searches for a father he never knew. Based on real events and developed in a community workshop. 
- 1978 You Are Not Alone (film) - (see film page)
- 1975 Leave Us Alone (Film) - Leave Us Alone (Danish: La' os være) is a 1975 Danish drama film directed by Ernst Johansen and Lasse Nielsen. It was entered into the 25th Berlin International Film Festival. The plot is similar to that of Lord of the Flies: A group of teenagers are stranded on an uninhabited island, and an initially pleasant vacation turns into a nightmare.