Libera is a vocal group based in south London featuring local boys aged seven to sixteen. It specializes in classically-inspired music with a modern touch. The music is usually based on well-known classical masterpieces and arranged after a more mainstream fashion by director Robert Prizeman. The first albums, Libera and Luminosa were marked by a characteristic synthesizer and drum-machine sound. The latest album, Visions, tries to approach a more natural sound.
- Sing For Ever (1987)
- Adoramus (1988)
- Libera (1995)
- What a Wonderful World (2015)
As Angel Voices:
- Sing For Ever (1988), featuring Jaymi Bandtock, Jonathan Arthey, Ian Grimley, Sam Harper, Gareth Lowman and Mathew Arthey as vocal soloists.
- New Day (1990), featuring Robert Chee-A-Tow, Jaymi Bandtock and Gareth Lowman as vocal soloists.
- Angel Voices (1992), featuring Oliver Putland, Daren Geraghty and Anthony Maher as vocal soloists.
- Angel Voices 2 (1996), featuring Chris Baron, Daren Geraghty, Liam O'Kane as vocal soloists.
- Peace on Earth (1996)
- Angel Voices 3 (1997), featuring Liam O'Kane, Steven Geraghty, Adam Harris, Chris Baron and Alex Baron as vocal soloists.
- Libera (1999), featuring Liam O'Kane, Adam Harris, Steven Geraghty, Alex Baron as vocal soloists. No instrumentalists are credited on the album, however Robert Prizeman did the keyboard work.[Citation needed]
- Luminosa (2001), featuring Steven Geraghty, Ben Crawley, Sam Coates, Simon Beston as vocal soloists.
- Complete Libera (2003), two disc set with Libera and Luminosa.
- Free (2004), featuring Ben Crawley, Joseph Platt, Christopher Robson, Anthony Chadney and Raoul Neumann as vocal soloists, and Robert Prizeman, Fiona Pears, Dominic Kelly, Steven Geraghty, Chris Dodd, Ian Tilley and Helen Cole as instrumentalists.
- Visions (2005), featuring Tom Cully, Conor O'Donnell, Michael Horncastle, Joseph Sanders-Wilde, Callum Payne, James Vereycken as vocal soloists and Robert Prizeman as director, conductor and instrumentalist. Other instrumentalists included Ian Tilley, Fiona Pears, John Anderson, Steven Geraghty and Chris Dodd.
- Welcome to Libera's World (2006), featuring Joseph Platt, Ben Crawley, Liam O'Kane, Michael Horncastle and Joseph Sanders-Wilde as vocal soloists, and Robert Prizeman, Fiona Pears, John Anderson, Steven Geraghty, Chris Dodd, Ian Tilley as instrumentalists. The album was released only in Japan. Most of the tracks are re-released from the earlier albums. It includes only one new track, "Far Away".
- Angel Voices (2006), featuring Michael Horncastle, Ed Day, Connor O'Donnell, Tom Cully, Joshua Madine, Joseph Platt, Christopher Robson, Anthony Chadney, Joseph Sanders-Wilde and James Vereycken as vocal soloists, and Robert Prizeman, Fiona Pears, John Anderson, Steven Geraghty, Chris Dodd and Ian Tilley on various instruments.
- Angel Voices: Libera in Concert (2007), featuring Joshua Madine, Ben Philipp, Tom Cully, Ed Day, Liam Connery, Sam Leggett and Joe Snelling as vocal soloists, and Robert Prizeman, Fiona Pears, Steven Geraghty, Il Novecento Orchestra as instrumentalists.
- New Dawn (2008), featuring Tom Cully, Joshua Madine, Ed Day, Liam Connery, Joe Snelling and Benedict Philipp as vocal soloists. Robert Prizeman, Fiona Pears, Ian Tilley, Steven Geraghty, Sam Coates and the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra filled instrumental roles.
- Prayer: You Were There (2008), with Tom Cully, Ed Day, Joshua Madine, Liam Connery, Ben Crawley, Joseph Sanders-Wilde, Joseph Platt, Christopher Robson and Anthony Chadney as vocal soloists. The album was released only in Japan. Most of the tracks are re-released from the earlier albums.
- Eternal: The Best of Libera (2009), a two disk compilation album with a mix of old and new songs.
- Peace (2010), featuring Benedict Philipp, Joshua Madine, Tom Cully, Stefan Leadbeater, James Threadgill, Jakob De Menezes-Wood, Daniel Fontannaz, James Mordaunt and Ralph Skan as vocal soloists. The album was also released in a DeLuxe Edition.
- Miracle of Life Life (2011) was released only in Japan. "Song of Life" was used in a Japanese television drama.
- The St. Philip's Boys Choir: The Best of Angel Voices (2011), a compilation of songs from Angel Voices (1992) and Angel Voices 2 (1996), from the time period from before the choir became known as Libera.
- Libera: The Christmas Album (2011), a Christmas album, also released in a deluxe edition and Japan edition under the name Winter Songs.
- Angel Voices 2012, a special compilation CD for the Japanese market, was released for the April 2012 Spring Tour in Singapore and Japan.
- Song of Life: A Collection (2012), featuring a new song, "Song of Life", and songs from Free (2004), Visions (2005), Angel Voices (2006), Eternal (2008), New Dawn (2008), and Peace (2010).
- Angels Sing: Christmas in Ireland (2013), a live concert recording of Libera's performance at the Armagh Cathedral.
- Angels Sing: Libera in America (2015), a live concert recording of Libera's performance at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in August 2014.
- Twelve Monkeys (1995)
- Romeo and Juliet (1996)
- Cousin Bette (1998)
- Hannibal (2001)
- The Merchant of Venice (2005)
- Nobody to Watch Over Me (2008)
- The Greatest Miracle (2011)
- From the New World (2012 anime)
Supporting roles on albums and singles
As Angel Voices:
- San Damiano (1984), by Sal Solo
- Christmas Wrapping (1990), by Tony Robinson
- The Christmas Album, Vol 2 (1994), by Neil Diamond
- The Big Picture (1997), by Elton John
- Aled (2002), by Aled Jones
- Higher (2003), by Aled Jones
- The Christmas Album (2004), by Aled Jones
- Aled's Christmas Carols (2008) by Aled Jones (DVD)
- Tchaikovsky, The Nutcracker, with Berlin Philharmonic cond. Simon Rattle (2009)
- The Prayer (2010) by Classical Relief for Haiti (various artists)
- The Olympic Experience (2012) released by Warner Classics