Hello, and welcome aboard!
I have noticed your exchange of messages with another poster on BoyChat, one I believe called "Wallflower". I have gotten some good tips on where to find long-thought-lost articles on Pederasty. I have been following up on those tips, and am in the process of ensuring that Archive.org has copies of all the links within thefullwiki which link to other articles related to Pederasty. I have spent many hours already doing so.
I hope you don't mind if I mention that BoyWiki is an open and public site, and all information posted here is accessible to the public. I understand that you are a published author, and you might wish to keep in mind preserving your personal privacy by not posting too-detailed personal information here at BoyWiki.
Again, welcome aboard! In the salon a reception will be held in your honor, with a host bar. We hope you find satisfactory the amenities we humbly offer.
- Hors d'oeuvres will be fine, thank you. And thank you for the cautionary note. Everyone in my profession has published something or other (it is "publish or perish" as you know). So that is not very significant, and furthermore my position is that the law is not too strict but it is too lax, exposing young people as well as society to unnecessary harm. So I do not make a good target for right-wing censors. That is not to say that I am on the side of the puritan fanatics who are now in control of the media and many legislatures. So as you can see, my position manages to offend everybody, the boy lover as well as the pedophile hunter.
- On a more serious note, I am glad that the material I worked on with much care to maintain a neutral point of view is being preserved. At the same time I think we have to be especially careful here, where there may be a tendency to present pederasty in a positive light, to not do that, but to be brutally objective. There is a lot of ugliness in pederastic history, as matter of fact it is my belief that it is that history of abuse, of "hubris," that has given rise to the present tsunami of rage against pederasts.
- When I was editing Wikipedia I used to have (most of the time) a lot of appreciation for the critics, because it is just that process of being challenged that is critical to good scholarship. I will miss them here, they taught me an enormous amount about objectivity and civil discourse. Of course, there are critics, and then there are vandals.
- Finally, I do not expect to be very active in writing new material, but I do want to lend a hand bringing over stuff that was trampled underfoot by the Tea Party crowd that invaded Wikipedia and betrayed its values of impartiality and objectivity. Haiduc (talk) 23:58, 5 April 2015 (UTC)
- As it seems unlikely that I would at this point be able to convert you to the "BoyLove" cause I will limit myself to the following comments:
- Having read, Sex and Punishment: Four Thousand Years of Judging Desire by Eric Berkowitz, a good case could be made against any and all sexual activity by humans.
- Brongersma's Loving Boys (Vols. I and II) certainly provide sufficient ammunition for detractors of BoyLove as well.
- Maintaining a "correct" balance, were this a forum on homosexuals, would mean giving equal weight to the
insane ravingsinjudicious statements, for example, of an Anita Bryant.
- Should you wish to import materials to BoyWiki, you may wish to consult with me before investing large amounts of time editing the materials, as I have vast experience in converting formats, using a wide range of editing tools to save time and energy.
- Of course, I would prefer to instruct someone in the arts of angling rather than to bait the hooks and cast the lines and nets myself. Many tools are available for reformatting text which can be used advantageously. If you are interested, I could perhaps advise you on this subject.
- In any event it is an honor to have among us an intellectual of your caliber and stature, and I am certain that BoyWiki will only benefit from your collaboration. I look forward to your contributions, however small, to maintaining and conserving the history of Pederasty and BoyLovers at BoyWiki!
The table of contents and front matter of Mitzel's "Boston Sex Scandal"
Do you happen to know a place on the Internet where this information can be found? It would be much appreciated by someone. Thanks.