I am Asch, a Curator of BoyWiki. I made my first post to BoyChat as Aschenbach on 11 May 2002. Since then, I have been spotted at BoyLover.net, Sure Quality Radio's chat room, and now at BoyWiki, which I try to dominate whenever I have time off from dominating the world.
I used to think of myself as a copyeditor, not writer, of wiki articles. Editing a young wiki such as this one changed all that, and I now quite often hatch fledglings about things.
I firmly believe that the founding of BoyWiki will prove a pivotal event in the on-line history of boylove. I delight in how it has grown and now boasts a cool 2,131 articles.
I also regularly delight in the beauty and love of boys aged seven and eleven.
Things you can do before Asch gets around to it
- Reviews of each in the Niklas and friends series (currently only one)
- Something on the battle between gay boys and the Boy Scouts (BoyChat:960121)
- Magnus Carlsen, cute 15yo chess player from Norway, recently in the quarter finals of a world championship in Russia
- Jeremy Sumptuous, using information handily assembled at the Boy Beauty blog by mike_bl
- BoyLove Media Watch 
- Choir of King's College, Cambridge/Willcocks
- History of BoyChat, using Alexis's work as the source
- Adam Selene
- Henry Barger, ultra-eccentric and reclusive author and painter (BC:996986)
- Jean Broc, if only as an excuse to upload The Death of Hyacinthos
- William S. Burroughs, who is quoted as saying "Anyone who says they don't want to have sex with a twelve-year-old Arab boy is either lying or dead." (See talk page for comments by Atom.))
- Little League and the Little League World Series. Possible source: littleleague.org.
- Catullus. Sources: VRoma site by H. J. Walker, with copyright-expired texts and translations (specifically, poems about Juventius); Catullus and the Invention of Heterosexuality; Duality in the poems of Catullus, an analysis of his love affairs; there may also be more on Google.
Lindsay Ashford(thanks Still Young) Tölzer Knabenchor Robbie and theMurder of Toby Antone, aka Toby and Little Alfredo. Talk:Jimf3 provides a summary. A little in this post on Close Encounters (which also needs adding). Copy selected comments from Talk:Jimf3 to Jimf3 and link from the murder article. Robbie and Close Encounters have got a great start thanks to Fleetwood and Jimf3. Sverre Magnus Precious Moments
Things to put in other articles
- Put things from the BC discussion about BL vs. GL (BoyChat:960291) in appropriate articles (Girllove, Childlove etc.)
- Integrate security comments from Talk:Sure_Quality_Radio into some Help article.
- Things from BC:967688 into BoyChat
- Add lots and lots of info from Talk:Religious_Debate_Chat
- Advice from Tektonix: "The number one DON'T in BoyLove 101: Don't Write Letters To Your Boy!!" BC:978689
- In Child pornography or a new article: information about parents being labelled pornographers because of nude photos of their own children. See BC:995797, where:
- Silent Sufferer suggests googling hysteria paranoia pictures naked kids sex
- newshound suggests 
- nakey suggests googling oberlin mom nude photos
- Norway Cup: see comments on Talk:Norway Cup.
- Wikipedia:en:Day_care_sex_abuse_hysteria probably doesn't need branching from Wikipedia, but could be linked from somewhere.
Ongoing and recurring projects
- Go through articles and add or remove fledgling tags as appropriate. (Check talk pages for wanted material.)
- Go through Category:Boylovers and search for supplemental information on BoyWiki, Google, and Alexis's History of BoyChat. Last wiktim: Kabouter
- Go through Special:Wantedpages looking for boylovers.
- Check correct alphabetization of articles about people. (Correcting alphabetization is done by linking to a category thus: [[Category:Famous boylovers|Last Name, First Name Initials prefix]]. See Jacques d'Adelsward-Fersen for an example.)
- Add pictures to articles. (See "Picture ideas" below.)
Articles that need work
- BoyChat needs a history section
- Tölzer Knabenchor (still needs some copyediting and expanding; see talk page)
Would these be too silly?
- IBLD: a blue candle
- Gerber: an infant boy (preferably with a smile on his face). Can't quite decide whether or not to use one of these two.
- Extension to MediaWiki that rewrites links to use deref.cgi like on BoyChat.
Origin of nickname
Aschenbach refers to Gustav von Aschenbach, protagonist of Der Tod in Venedig ("Death in Venice") by Thomas Mann. This short story intensely describes the ecstasy and the peril of boy love, and is strongly recommended. (Asch avoids the use of "von", as the von Aschenbach of the story did not receive that title until he was 50.)