In antiquity, there was not commonly a word for homosexuality, which is a 19th-century construct. After the rise of Christianity and in 6th century AD. Roman Emperor Justinian I amended to his Corpus iuris civilis, and declared that "Sodom's sin had been specifically same-sex activities and desire for them". Starting in the 14th century, male homosexuals began to be refereed to as "sodomites".
Up until the mid 1980's, many boylovers considered themselves as part of the gay community. This changed with the advent of "The great moral panic" when male teleiophile homosexuals distanced themselves from pedophiles, hebephilies, and ephebophiles which was largely due to pressure from lesbians.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► LGBT (1 P)
Pages in category "LGBT articles"
The following 77 pages are in this category, out of 77 total.
- (BLSB) - "Love Letter Sent in a Sea Bass" by Ihara Saikaku, 1687 (full-text short story)
- (BLSB) - "Love Song for Chrysokomos (Goldenlocks)" by Poliziano, Late 15th Century (full-text poem)
- (BLSB) - "The Blue Hood" by Ueda Akinari, 1776 (full-text short story)
- (BLSB) - "The Story of Kannon's Manifestation as a Youth" by Anonymous, Early 14th Century (full-text short story)
- (BLSB) - "The Youth and his Master" by Anonymous, c. 9th–14th Century (full-text short story)
- (BLSB) - A British Travel Account of Male Dancers at the 1675 Ottoman Imperial Festivities Held by Sultan Mehmed IV in Adrianople
- (BLSB) - A British Travel Account Regarding the Chaste Pederastic Love Affairs of Hadjee Ismael, an Afghan Dervish and Stone Engraver Residing in Early 19th-Century Baghdad
- (BLSB) - A Defense of İshak Çelebi through His Portrayal as a Chaste Pederast in an Anecdote by Gelibolulu 'Âlî
- (BLSB) - A List of Some Handsome Beardless Youths of Early 12th-Century Córdoba in a Poem by Ibn Quzmān
- (BLSB) - About Benjamin Britten
- (BLSB) - About John Ireland
- (BLSB) - About Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- (BLSB) - About Sandro Penna
- (BLSB) - Age-Structured Male Homosexual Activity in Early Modern Spain
- (BLSB) - Age-Structured Male Homosexual Activity in Renaissance Florence
- (BLSB) - Alex: A Member of the Memphis Gay White Men's Community of the Period from 1975 to 1990 Recalls His First Sexual Encounter
- (BLSB) - An Anecdote Regarding a Love Triangle between Two Men and a Teenage Boy in 1950s Tehran
- (BLSB) - An Excerpt from 'Death in Venice' by Thomas Mann
- (BLSB) - An Excerpt from 'Pleasant Spring and Fragrant Character' by Xin Yue Zhu Ren
- (BLSB) - An Excerpt from 'Some Boys' by Michael Davidson
- (BLSB) - An Explicit Account of Pederastic Sexual Intercourse in a Poem by Abu Nuwas
- (BLSB) - Bisexuality in an Episode of 'Kitayama Cherry-Blossoms of Narukami and Fudō' by Tsuuchi Hanjurō, Yasuda Abun and Nakada Mansuke
- (BLSB) - Carlos: A Latino Gay Man Living in the San Francisco Bay Area Gives an Account of His Sexual Initiation
- (BLSB) - Donald Friend in Bali
- (BLSB) - Gay Cruising during the "Pervert Elimination Campaign" of the Late 1940s in Washington, D.C.
- (BLSB) - Homosexual Relationships between "Jockers" and "Punks" in the Early 20th-Century Pacific Northwest of the USA
- (BLSB) - Hong: An Elderly Javanese Gay Man Talks about His Youthful Sexual Experiences
- (BLSB) - James and Charles: A Case of Homosexual Activity in 1920s Queensland
- (BLSB) - Muhammad and Ahmed: A Same-Sex Relationship in Afghanistan under Taliban Rule
- (BLSB) - Nine Cases of Adolescent Boys Engaged in Sexual Activity with Adult Males in the USA
- (BLSB) - On 'Kōbō Daishi's Book' by Mitsuo Sadatomo
- (BLSB) - On 'Memnon' by Karl Heinrich Ulrichs
- (BLSB) - On the Homoerotic Aspect of Intergenerational Male Friendships at the YMCA of the USA in the 1920s
- (BLSB) - On the Homoerotic Poems by Three Early 12th-Century French Catholic Clerics
- (BLSB) - On the Literary Genre of Mock-Debates about the Relative Erotic Merits of Women and Boys, as Approached in Early Modern Italy
- (BLSB) - Pederasty in Early Ottoman Arabic Literature
- (BLSB) - Popular Attitudes toward Intergenerational Male Homosexual Encounters in Interwar London
- (BLSB) - Scott: An Elderly American Gay Man Recalls His First Sexual Experiences
- (BLSB) - Sexual Encounters between Adult Males and Adolescent Boys in New Zealand during the Period from 1920 to 1950
- (BLSB) - Sexual Encounters between American Servicemen and Australian Male Youths in Queensland during World War II
- (BLSB) - Tashi: A Former Member of the "Gadrugba", the Dalai Lama's Ceremonial Dance Troupe, Recalls His Time as a Homosexual Passive Partner in Lhasa before the 1959 Tibetan Uprising
- (BLSB) - The "Masri" Dancing Boys of the Makassarese of Southern Sulawesi
- (BLSB) - The "Zaggalah" Bachelor Laboring Class of the Siwans of Egypt
- (BLSB) - The Age Range for the Younger Partner in a Pederastic Relationship as Given in 'Alcibiades the Schoolboy' by Antonio Rocco
- (BLSB) - The Albanian Practice of "Love of Beauty"
- (BLSB) - The Childhood Sexual Discovery of Zackie Achmat
- (BLSB) - The Despairing Love of T. H. White
- (BLSB) - The Encounter of André Gide with Oscar Wilde and Alfred Douglas in Algeria
- (BLSB) - The First Gay Experience of Kirk Read
- (BLSB) - The First Gay Experiences of Three Young American Men
- (BLSB) - The First Love Affair of Rachid O., as Depicted in His Autofictional Novel 'The Dazzled Child'
- (BLSB) - The First Love of Johann Joachim Winckelmann
- (BLSB) - The Lyrical Motif of the Young Male Beloved in a Poem by Ḥáfiz̤
- (BLSB) - The Pleasures of Wine-Drinking and Pederasty in a Poem by Moses Ibn Ezra
- (BLSB) - The Sexual Initiation of Essex Hemphill
- (BLSB) - The Sexual Initiations of Three Mexican Gay Male Immigrants to San Diego
- (BLSB) - The Sufi Ritual Practice of "Shāhid-Bāzī", the Contemplation of Handsome Beardless Youths, as Featured in Two Anecdotes from the Anonymous Hagiography of Fakhr al-Dīn ʿIrāqī
- (BLSB) - The Teenage Sexual Experiences of Edmund White
- (BLSB) - Thomas Mann in Venice