In antiquity, there was not commonly a word for homosexuality, which is a 19th-century construct. After the rise of Christianity and in 6th century AD. Roman Emperor Justinian I amended to his Corpus iuris civilis, and declared that "Sodom's sin had been specifically same-sex activities and desire for them". Starting in the 14th century, male homosexuals began to be refereed to as "sodomites".
Up until the mid 1980's, many boylovers considered themselves as part of the gay community. This changed with the advent of "The great moral panic" when male teleiophile homosexuals distanced themselves from pedophiles, hebephilies, and ephebophiles which was largely due to pressure from lesbians.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► LGBT (1 P)
Pages in category "LGBT articles"
The following 84 pages are in this category, out of 84 total.
- (BLSB) - "Love Letter Sent in a Sea Bass" by Ihara Saikaku, 1687 (full-text short story)
- (BLSB) - "Love Song for Chrysokomos (Goldenlocks)" by Poliziano, Late 15th Century (full-text poem)
- (BLSB) - "The Blue Hood" by Ueda Akinari, 1776 (full-text short story)
- (BLSB) - "The Story of Kannon's Manifestation as a Youth" by Anonymous, Early 14th Century (full-text short story)
- (BLSB) - "The Youth and his Master" by Anonymous, c. 9th–14th Century (full-text short story)
- (BLSB) - A British Travel Account Regarding the Chaste Pederastic Relationships of Ismael, an Afghan Dervish Residing in Early 19th-Century Baghdad
- (BLSB) - A British Travel Account Regarding the Foiling of a Pederastic Sexual Encounter in Early 18th-Century Adrianople
- (BLSB) - A British Travel Account Regarding the Male Dancers Performing at the 1675 Ottoman Imperial Festivities Held by Sultan Mehmed IV in Adrianople
- (BLSB) - A Defense of İshak Çelebi through His Portrayal as a Chaste Pederast in an Anecdote by Gelibolulu 'Âlî
- (BLSB) - A List of Some Handsome Beardless Youths of Early 12th-Century Córdoba in a Poem by Ibn Quzmān
- (BLSB) - A Reversal of Conventional Pederastic Pursuit in a Chapter of 'The Life of an Amorous Man' by Ihara Saikaku
- (BLSB) - About Benjamin Britten
- (BLSB) - About John Ireland
- (BLSB) - About Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- (BLSB) - About Sandro Penna
- (BLSB) - Age-Structured Male Homosexual Activity in Early Modern Spain
- (BLSB) - Age-Structured Male Homosexual Activity in Renaissance Florence
- (BLSB) - Alex: A Member of the Memphis Gay White Men's Community of the Period from 1975 to 1990 Recalls His First Sexual Encounter
- (BLSB) - An Anecdote Regarding a Love Triangle between Two Men and a Teenage Boy in 1950s Tehran
- (BLSB) - An Excerpt from 'Death in Venice' by Thomas Mann
- (BLSB) - An Excerpt from 'Pleasant Spring and Fragrant Character' by Xin Yue Zhu Ren
- (BLSB) - An Excerpt from 'Some Boys' by Michael Davidson
- (BLSB) - Bisexuality in an Episode of 'Kitayama Cherry-Blossoms of Narukami and Fudō' by Tsuuchi Hanjurō, Yasuda Abun and Nakada Mansuke
- (BLSB) - Carlos: A Latino Gay Man Living in the San Francisco Bay Area Gives an Account of His Sexual Initiation
- (BLSB) - Donald Friend in Bali
- (BLSB) - Gay Cruising during the "Pervert Elimination Campaign" of the Late 1940s in Washington, D.C.
- (BLSB) - Hong: An Elderly Javanese Gay Man Talks about His Youthful Sexual Experiences
- (BLSB) - Intergenerational Homosexual Relationships between "Jockers" and "Punks" in the Early 20th-Century Northwestern United States
- (BLSB) - James and Charles: A Case of Intergenerational Homosexual Activity in 1920s Queensland
- (BLSB) - Muhammad and Ahmed: An Intergenerational Same-Sex Relationship in Afghanistan under Taliban Rule
- (BLSB) - Nine Cases of Adolescent Boys Engaged in Sexual Activity with Adult Males in the United States
- (BLSB) - On 'Kōbō Daishi's Book' by Mitsuo Sadatomo
- (BLSB) - On 'Memnon' by Karl Heinrich Ulrichs
- (BLSB) - On the Descriptions of Female-Role Boy Actors of the Beijing Opera in the "Flower Guides" of Late Imperial China
- (BLSB) - On the Homoerotic Aspect of Intergenerational Male Friendships at the YMCA of the United States in the 1920s
- (BLSB) - On the Homoerotic Poems by Three Early 12th-Century French Catholic Clerics
- (BLSB) - On the Literary Genre of Mock-Debates about the Relative Erotic Merits of Women and Boys, as Approached in Early Modern Italy
- (BLSB) - On the Prevalence of Pederasty in the Early 17th-Century Ottoman Imperial Court
- (BLSB) - Pederasty in Early Ottoman Arabic Literature
- (BLSB) - Popular Attitudes toward Intergenerational Male Homosexual Encounters in Interwar London
- (BLSB) - Ribald Pederastic Eroticism in a Poem by Abu Nuwas
- (BLSB) - Ribald Pederastic Eroticism in a Poem by Ṣadr ad-Dīn Ibn ʿAbd al-Ḥaqq
- (BLSB) - Scott: An Elderly American Gay Man Recalls His First Sexual Experiences
- (BLSB) - Sexual Encounters between Adult Males and Adolescent Boys in New Zealand during the Period from 1920 to 1950
- (BLSB) - Sexual Encounters between American Servicemen and Australian Male Youths in Queensland during World War II
- (BLSB) - Tashi: A Former Member of the "Gadrugba", the Dalai Lama's Ceremonial Dance Troupe, Recalls His Time as a Homosexual Passive Partner in Lhasa before the 1959 Tibetan Uprising
- (BLSB) - The "Masri" Dancing Boys of the Makassarese of Southern Sulawesi
- (BLSB) - The "Zaggálah" Male Bachelor Laboring Class of the Siwans of Egypt
- (BLSB) - The Age Range for the Younger Partner in a Pederastic Relationship as Given in 'Alcibiades the Schoolboy' by Antonio Rocco
- (BLSB) - The Albanian Practice of "Love of Beauty"
- (BLSB) - The Childhood Sexual Discovery of Zackie Achmat
- (BLSB) - The Despairing Love of T. H. White
- (BLSB) - The Encounter of André Gide with Oscar Wilde and Lord Alfred Douglas in Algeria
- (BLSB) - The First Gay Experience of Kirk Read
- (BLSB) - The First Love Affair of Rachid O., as Depicted in His Autofictional Novel 'The Dazzled Child'
- (BLSB) - The First Love and Friendship of Johann Joachim Winckelmann
- (BLSB) - The Lyrical Motif of the Young Male Beloved as Featured in a Poem by Ḥáfiz̤
- (BLSB) - The Pleasures of Wine-Drinking and Pederasty in a Poem by Moses Ibn Ezra
- (BLSB) - The Sexual Initiation of Dale Winton
- (BLSB) - The Sexual Initiation of Essex Hemphill
- (BLSB) - The Sufi Ritual Practice of "Shāhid-Bāzī", the Contemplation of Handsome Beardless Youths, as Featured in Two Anecdotes from the Anonymous Hagiography of Fakhr al-Dīn ʿIrāqī
- (BLSB) - The Teenage Romance of Soetjipto, a Young Man in 1930s Java, as Depicted in His Memoir 'Djalan Sampoerna'
- (BLSB) - The Teenage Sexual Experiences of Edmund White
- (BLSB) - Thomas Mann in Venice
- (BLSB) - Three Accounts of Early Gay Experiences Given by Young Men in the United States
- (BLSB) - Three Accounts of Sexual Initiation Given by Mexican Gay Male Immigrants in San Diego