In antiquity, there was not commonly a word for homosexuality, which is a 19th-century construct. After the rise of Christianity and in 6th century AD. Roman Emperor Justinian I amended to his Corpus iuris civilis, and declared that "Sodom's sin had been specifically same-sex activities and desire for them". Starting in the 14th century, male homosexuals began to be refereed to as "sodomites".
Up until the mid 1980's, many boylovers considered themselves as part of the gay community. This changed with the advent of "The great moral panic" when male teleiophile homosexuals distanced themselves from pedophiles, hebephilies, and ephebophiles which was largely due to pressure from lesbians.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► LGBT (1 P)
Pages in category "LGBT articles"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total.
- (BLSB) - "Love Letter Sent in a Sea Bass" by Ihara Saikaku, 1687 (full-text short story)
- (BLSB) - "The Blue Hood" by Ueda Akinari, 1776 (full-text short story)
- (BLSB) - "The Story of Kannon's Manifestation as a Youth" by Anonymous, Early 14th Century (full-text short story)
- (BLSB) - "The Youth and his Master" by Anonymous, 9th–14th Century (full-text short story)
- (BLSB) - About Benjamin Britten
- (BLSB) - About John Ireland
- (BLSB) - About Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- (BLSB) - About Sandro Penna
- (BLSB) - Age-Structured Male Homosexual Activity in Early Modern Spain
- (BLSB) - Age-Structured Male Homosexual Activity in Renaissance Florence
- (BLSB) - Alex: A Member of the Memphis Gay White Men's Community of the Period from 1975 to 1990 Recalls His First Time
- (BLSB) - An Excerpt from 'Death in Venice' by Thomas Mann
- (BLSB) - An Excerpt from 'Pleasant Spring and Fragrant Character' by Xin Yue Zhu Ren
- (BLSB) - An Excerpt from 'Some Boys' by Michael Davidson
- (BLSB) - Bisexuality in an Episode of 'Kitayama Cherry-Blossoms of Narukami and Fudō' by Tsuuchi Hanjurō, Yasuda Abun and Nakada Mansuke
- (BLSB) - Carlos: A Latino Gay Man Living in the San Francisco Bay Area Gives an Account of His Sexual Initiation
- (BLSB) - Donald Friend in Bali
- (BLSB) - Gay Cruising during the "Pervert Elimination Campaign" of the Late 1940s in Washington, D.C.
- (BLSB) - Homosexual Relationships between "Jockers" and "Punks" in the Early 20th-Century Pacific Northwest of the USA
- (BLSB) - Hong: A Javanese Gay Man Talks about His Youthful Sexual Experiences
- (BLSB) - James and Charles: A Case from 1920s Queensland
- (BLSB) - Muhammad and Ahmed: A Relationship in Afghanistan under Taliban Rule
- (BLSB) - Nine Cases of Adolescent Boys Engaged in Sexual Activity with Adult Males in the USA
- (BLSB) - On 'Memnon' by Karl Heinrich Ulrichs
- (BLSB) - On Intergenerational Male Friendships at the YMCA of the USA in the 1920s
- (BLSB) - On the Literary Genre of Mock-Debates about the Relative Erotic Merits of Women and Boys in Early Modern Italy
- (BLSB) - On the Poems by Three Early 12th-Century French Clerics
- (BLSB) - Pederasty in Early Ottoman Arabic Literature
- (BLSB) - Popular Attitudes toward Intergenerational Male Homosexual Encounters in Interwar London
- (BLSB) - Scott: An Older Texan Gay Man Recalls His Early Sexual Experiences
- (BLSB) - Sexual Encounters between Adult Males and Adolescent Boys in New Zealand during the Period from 1920 to 1950
- (BLSB) - Sexual Liaisons between American Servicemen and Australian Male Youths in Queensland during World War II
- (BLSB) - Tashi: A Former Member of the "Gadrugba", the Dalai Lama's Ceremonial Dance Troupe, Recalls His Time as a Homosexual Passive Partner in Lhasa before the 1959 Tibetan Uprising
- (BLSB) - The Age Range for Pederasty in 'Alcibiades the Schoolboy' by Antonio Rocco
- (BLSB) - The Albanian Practice of "Love of Beauty"
- (BLSB) - The Boyhood Sexual Experiences of Edmund White
- (BLSB) - The Childhood Sexual Discovery of Zackie Achmat
- (BLSB) - The Encounter of André Gide with Oscar Wilde and Alfred Douglas in Algeria
- (BLSB) - The First Gay Experience of Kirk Read
- (BLSB) - The First Homosexual Experiences of Three American Young Men
- (BLSB) - The First Love Affair of Rachid O., as Depicted in His Autofiction
- (BLSB) - The First Love of Johann Joachim Winckelmann
- (BLSB) - The Loves of Ismael, an Early 19th-Century Afghan Dervish
- (BLSB) - The Sexual Initiation of Essex Hemphill
- (BLSB) - Thomas Mann in Venice