- LGBT teachers are being fired, gay history is not being taught, and in Canada, gay-straight alliances are under threat—making life even harder for already isolated LGBT students.
(Samantha Allen, The Daily Beast, US, May 20, 2018)
- SARA GILBERT: "He’s too young to be gay..."
(Lynette Rice, Entertainment, US, January 05, 2018)
- Contrary to the common refrain of “it gets better,” a new report finds that the unique challenges facing LGBTQ and gender-nonconforming youth actually make them more susceptible to engagement with our justice system when compared to their straight, cisgender peers, particularly among queer and trans youth of color.
(John Walker, Fusion, US, August 29, 2016)
- A mother has said she will sue a school district and several teachers after one allegedly threatened to kill her out gay son. (Joseph Patrick McCormick, Pink News, US, January 29 2016)
- Islamic State (Isis) militants killed a 15-year-old boy for being gay by throwing him off a roof while the senior Daesh officer he was accused of having relations with was only demoted and sent to the front lines. Local media reported that the execution took place in the Syrian city of Deir ez-Zor, south east of the Islamic State (IS) stronghold of Raqqa on Friday 1 January. (William Watkinson, International Business Times, UK, January 3 2016)
- "To my audience or an LGBTQ person, it’s a story that they’ve probably heard before of someone from a not very supportive family who ends up unfortunately, tragically taking their own life,” says Sivan." (Evan Pang - The Huffington Post, US)
- Late last week four Michigan men were arrested for allegedly hooking-up with a teenage boy. Eighteen-year-old Cody Swatling is among four men facing felony charges for engaging in sexual acts with the 15–year–old, whom he met on the gay app Grindr. (David Booth - CSJ, US)