- Louis Lappe hit a walk-off homer and California beat Curacao 6-5 in the Little League World Series championship on Sunday, despite giving up a four-run lead.
(SETH ENGLE, , August 27, 2023)
- Salvador Rios, 14, took his own life on August 15 after a social media post allegedly launched a homophobic attack and shared private information about him.
Hope Sloop, Daily Mail, August 27, 2023)
- Pople often get frightened at the smallest things and call the police, and this is precisely what happened to an 11-year-old child- who later turned out to be a genius. This child, Seth, saw his neighbors calling the police and never lost his cool.
(Mayukh Saha , MSN, July 14, 2023)
- A young black boy has made an impassioned speech about racism at an Oregon city council meeting after he experienced discrimination at school. Gavin Alston, 10, bravely spoke up in the room full of adults and told council members how unfair it was that kids called him a 'monkey' and the N-word in his fourth grade class.
(Claudia Aoraha, Daily Mail, June 16, 2023)
- A 13-year-old in Ohio has died after “he took a bunch of Benadryl,” trying a dangerous TikTok challenge that’s circulating online, according to a CNN affiliate and a GoFundMe account from his family.
(Michelle Watson and Carma Hassan, CNN, April 19, 2023)
- A North Carolina teacher stepped down after a sixth-grade student sent his mother a selfie showing him with tape covering his mouth because he was being too chatty in class — and his shocked parent is now seeking answers over the incident that left her child feeling “humiliated.”
(David Propper, New York Post, March 23, 2023)
- Duangpetch Promthep, one of the 12 boys who was rescued from a Thai cave in 2018, has died in the UK. The 17-year-old was found unconscious in his dorm in Leicestershire on Sunday and taken to hospital, where he died on Tuesday, the BBC has been told.
(Jonathan Head and Kelly Ng, BBC News, February 15, 2023)
- A 13-year-old boy in France named Lucas died by suicide last Saturday, January 7 after facing anti-LGBTQ+ bullying at school. People close to his family say that the school did little to stop the bullying.
(Alex Bollinger, LGBTQ Nation, January 12, 2023 )
- You’re a mean one, Ms. Grinch!
( Melissa Klein and Susan Edelman, New York Post, December 17, 2022 )
- A fourth grade student was charged with two felony counts, accused of taking a firearm to school in August, an Arizona prosecutor's office announced Monday.
(Doha Madani, NBC, November 7, 2022 )
- The 12-year-old suffered a fractured skull and brain bleeding as a result of the Aug. 15 fall in Williamsport. He’s had three operations and battled a staph infection, the family’s lawyer, Ken Fulginiti, told WKBN 27 on Tuesday. “He’s not doing well,” Fulginiti said. “The more recent development, after a third craniotomy, is seizures. It’s been a long road.”
(Michael Blinn, New York Post, September 20, 2022 )
- The young boy who took his own life as he started school in North Carolina on Tuesday has been identified, as his heartbroken mother revealed he had been bullied for years and urged her fellow parents to teach their children to be kind.
( Melissa Koenig, Daily Mail, September 8, 2022 )
- Stolz, 13, died in September 2019 days after being punched in the head from behind by a 14-year-old boy and subsequently hitting his head against a pillar at Landmark Middle School in Moreno Valley, California.
(Joe Hutchison, Daily Mail, September 14, 2023)
Moment Jace Lee-eury, 11, has soda poured on him by North Carolina apartment manager Kim Jennings before she slaps him for using a residents-only pool - as mom says: 'This is child abuse'
- A white apartment complex manager has been arrested after shocking video showed her slapping and pouring soda on black children using the facility's pool. Kim Jennings, 62, of Greensboro, North Carolina was taken into custody by police on August 3 after they were called to the Sedgefield Garden Apartments for reports of an assault.
(Hope Sloop, Daily Mail, August 10, 2023)
- Chad Doerman, 32, is under arrest and charged with three counts of aggravated murder in the deaths of his sons ages 3, 4 and 7. Doerman is being held without bond at the Clermont County Jail and will be arraigned in court Friday morning.
(Quinlan Bentley, Cincinnati Enquirer, June 15, 2023)
- A Florida boy who drowned in a bathtub in April allegedly had food withheld and was locked in a dog cage by his mom and her husband who are now charged with child abuse.
(Hope Sloop, Daily Mail, June 14, 2023)
- pair of “shady” teenagers sank to a new low when they looted an 8-year-old Upper West Side boy’s sidewalk lemonade stand, police said.
( Doree Lewak, Joe Marino and Jorge Fitz-Gibbon, New York Post, June 8, 2023)
- A mother says bullies assaulted her 13-year-old son in a middle school bathroom after months of racist and anti-LGBTQ+ slurs. School and legal officials near Allendale-Fairfax Middle School in South Carolina have been unhelpful, she adds. Now, she’s rallying community attention while pursuing charges against the students involved.( Daniel Villarreal, LGBTQ Nation, Febuary 13, 2023)
- A young boy died after his adoptive parents subjected the 4-year-old to a series of sickening abuse, including an amateur exorcism, according to court records.
(David Propper, NY Post, January 27, 2023 )
- The young boy whose corpse was found buried under the floorboards of his Arkansas home last week died three months ago after being drowned in a toilet bowl by his mother's live-in boyfriend, a new affidavit has revealed.
(Alex Hammer, Daily Mail, December 23, 2022 )
- Arkansas police found the decaying body of an abused 6-year-old boy buried beneath the hallway floor of his mother’s house Friday.
(Katherine Donlevy, New York Post, December 18, 2022 )
- A former New York City police officer has been found guilty of second-degree murder in the death of his 8-year-old son, who was forced to sleep overnight on the concrete floor of a freezing garage.
(Vanessa Serna , Daily Mail, November 7, 2022 )
- Follow up:
- A stepmom who described herself as 'evil' has been convicted of murdering her NYPD cop fiance's autistic eight-year-old son by 'exiling' him to a freezing garage floor.
(Stephen M. Lepore, DailyMail, March 11, 2023)
- Cops solve mystery of boy, 5, found dead and stuffed in 'Welcome to Las Vegas suitcase': Mother, 37, is on the run in California after accusing her son of being a 'demon' before 'murdering him'
- A five-year-old boy found dead in a suitcase in woodlands near Salem, Indiana, six months ago has finally been identified by police.
(Neirin Gray Desa, Daily Mail, October 26, 2022 )
- Bracey Renee Byrd, 33, of Wilson, is also facing several other charges in the alleged abuse of the young boy who is her adopted stepson...
( David Propper, New York Post, October 5, 2022 )
- A substitute teacher at a Louisiana school is accused of offering students $5 each to bully and attack one of their classmates, police said.
(Minyvonne Burke, NBC News, September 13, 2022 )
- A former school principal in California has been charged with misdemeanour child abuse and endangerment after footage emerged of him shoving a 10-year-old special needs student to the ground.
(Oliver O'Connell, The Independent, September 10, 2022 )
- Washington state police were looking for the shameless scoundrel that used a counterfeit $100 bill at a child’s lemonade stand.
(Jesse O’Neill, New York Post, August 7, 2022 )