- U.S. Attorney Gretchen C.F. Shappert announced today that the Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands has received a $400,000 grant from the U.S. Department of Justice in support of the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act.
(US Gov., ACSOL, US, October 25, 2021)
- If the proposed SORNA regulations are finalized, many registrants will be required to register up to four times a year. In addition, all registrants will be required to reveal all of their remote communication identifiers.
(Staff, ACSOL, US, November 1, 2021 )
Human and Civil Rights Violations
- Fletcher's legal team cited text messages and Facebook posts sent by one of the guards, Garrett Osbon... "the dude I broke his nose is now paralyzed with a broken neck, and they say his face looks like he had been dropped and dragged through concrete, LMAO" he wrote. "It feels good to know that I played a small part in paralyzing a cho, LMAO."
( TooFab Staff, TooFab, US, November 3, 2021 )
- Prosecutors are reportedly considering whether to bring charges against Campbell County Public Library staff over their decision to stock young adult books about sex education and LGBT+ issues.
(Patrick Kelleher, Pink News, US, October 5, 2021)
- In what attorneys believe to be the first in Pennsylvania, an Edwardsville man convicted by a Luzerne County jury of possessing child pornography was sentenced Friday to spend the rest of his life in state prison.
(Ed Lewis, Times Leader , US, August 27, 2021)
- Anthony Wayne Dendy, 44, held on $20,000.00 secure bond for failing to report he had a Facebook account.
( Lauren Souther, FetchYourNews.com, US, July 4, 2021)
- ETOWAH COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — A Gadsden man was arrested during a traffic stop last week when authorities discovered he was a registered sex offender and did not meet the identification requirements under Alabama law.... Sex offenders who are residents in Alabama must carry a valid drivers license or identification card issued by the ALEA at all times.
(Peter Curi, CBS 42, US, June 22, 2021)