- 1547 - Effeminates, too? That Pope is such a bitch! - On this date the 6th session of the Council of Trent of the Roman Catholic Church issued a "Decree Concerning Justification. it read, in part: "Against the subtle wits of some also, who by pleasing speeches and good words seduce the hearts of the innocent, it must be maintained that the grace of justification once received is lost not only by infidelity, whereby also faith itself is lost, but also by every other mortal sin, though in this case faith is not lost; thus defending the teaching of the divine law which excludes from the kingdom of God not only unbelievers, but also the faithful [who are] fornicators, adulterers, effeminate, liars with mankind, thieves, covetous, drunkards, railers, extortioners, and all others who commit deadly sins, from which with the help of divine grace they can refrain, and on account of which they are cut off from the grace of Christ." good to know that over the last 500 years that edicts like this have helped to keep their house in order.
- 1834 - "An an inspiration to generations of Americans. A gentle soul...." - Horatio Alger, Unitarian minister and author of stories for boys, was born on this date in Revere, Massachusetts. A parish committee charged him with "gross immorality and a most heinous crime, a crime of no less magnitude than the abomination and revolting crime of unnatural familiarity with boys." Alger left town before the cops arrived and headed for New York. As a Unitarian minister in Brewster, Mass. he had often travelled to New York were he sought to improve the condition of street boys. His experiences became the fodder for over 130 books. His first book had the provocative title Ragged Dick and was published in 1867. Another interesting and popular title of his was Silas Snobden’s Office Boy, a serial which ran in the Argosy magazine in 1889-90. Despite great success as an author, selling more than 140 million copies of his books, he died penniless in 1899.
- 1998 - These foreigners are crazy!!! - Thai police arrested Norwegian Alf Bjørndal and arraigned him on this date for molesting a 13 year old boy after receiving a complaint from the mother of an 11 year old boy. When they arrived to arrest him, police officers found Bjørndal, clad only in a pink towel, and a 13 year old boy lying naked on his bed. Police also found a picture album that contained photos of young boys. Bjørndal was arrested for child abuse. While police were still in the room, a 14 year old boy arrived, bringing the total to three children accusing Bjørndal of molesting them. Police took this bizarre photo of the boys making their "accusation." It turns out that the mother who made the complaint was informed of what here son was up to by a woman who had been pimping boys to tourists and was pissed that she was no longer getting her cut of the boys' money from Bjørndal, a man who had been her client for many years. Ironically, her act of vengeance resulted in her being arrested as well. The police, meanwhile, scolded the mother who made the initial complaint, telling her that she had been remiss in teaching her child right from wrong and should begin to take an active interest in her child’s development, saying to her, "How can we put sole blame on foreigners with money for corrupting children when Thai nationals act as procurers and parents do not teach them about avoiding strangers. If we want an Amazing Thailand, we should be a bit more meticulous in the way we instruct our young people in handling basic life situations." Weird country, man.
- 1999 - That's one sharp judge, too - On this date Justice Duncan Shaw of British Columbia, Canada ruled that the possession of child pornography law was unconstitutional. This decision came in a case brought against notorious pedo and political activist Robin Sharpe. The judge ruled that criminalizing simple possession of pornography, contravenes the freedom of expression guaranteed under section 2(b) of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and is therefore of no force and effect. He also accepted that there was no evidence that bolstering a pedo's belief in the normalcy of child-adult sex ultimately increased harm to children. The Crown appealed to the British Columbia Court of Appeal, but their appeal was rejected.
- 1999 - The anti-pedos all know where to find the best stuff - Judith Reisman, anti-pedo crusader, wrote an article published by WorldNetDaily.com on this date. It was entitled "Have you ever really seen Hustler?" She wrote, "December 1978, Hustler published photographs of naked children as young as three-years of age in sex scenes alongside an article, 'Children, Sex and Society,' advocating an end to the age of consent, calling for acceptance of adult-child sex, and the legalization of incest.... February 1975 in an article entitled 'Adult Fantasy' an uncle is photographed sexually with his niece; October 1976 a naked girl scout is photographed soliciting sex - August 1981, a nude young girl, photographed with her dollies, saying to the viewer; 'You would be surprised what a 'little girl can do....'" Excited pedos rushed off to find copies of this hot stuff, but paused to note for future reference that reading anti-pedo crap can have informative value after all.
- Author unknown. "This Day In Pedo History: January 13", 2003. Retrieved on 3-10-15.