|Nominate an article to be the feature article for the main page.
A featured article exemplifies our very best work and is distinguished by professional standards of writing, presentation, and sourcing. In addition to meeting the policies regarding content and relevance for all BoyWiki articles, it has the following attributes.
- 1. It is—
- well-written: its prose is engaging, even brilliant, and of a professional standard;
- comprehensive: it neglects no major facts or details and places the subject in context;
- well-researched: it is a thorough and representative survey of the relevant literature. Claims are verifiable against high-quality reliable sources and are supported by inline citations where appropriate;
- neutral: it presents views fairly and without bias or derogatory terminology directed at boylovers; and
- stable: it is not subject to ongoing edit wars and its content does not change significantly from day to day, except in response to the featured article process.
- 2. It follows the style guidelines, including the provision of—
- a lead: a concise lead section that summarizes the topic and prepares the reader for the detail in the subsequent sections;
- appropriate structure: a system of hierarchical section headings and a substantial but not overwhelming table of contents; and
- consistent citations: consistently formatted inline citations using either footnotes () or Harvard referencing (Smith 2007, p. 1) The use of citation templates is not required but encouraged. Use of verifiable and high-quality reliable sources and are supported by inline citations where appropriate.
- Media. It has images and other media, where appropriate, with succinct captions, and acceptable copyright status. Images included follow the image use policy.
- Length. It stays focused on the main topic without going into unnecessary detail and uses summary style. Articles nominated need to be beyond the fledglings stage and be a comprehensive overview of the subject presented.
- If you are not registered at BoyWiki, you can nominate an entry by emailing: Etenne@boywiki.org
Nominate an article here
The Man Without a Face (book) has potential. BoyLovers would appreciate the sympathetic treatment in the book, and if BoyWiki provided good reading for BoyLovers then more of them may explore BoyWiki. It's called "good public relations". ;-)
Of course, the article would need to be expanded a little...
User4 (talk) 21:45, 29 March 2016 (UTC)
- I would like to add the Ottoman Empire for next month but would like to have an image (that is free to use) to go with it.--Etenne 14:11, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
Michael Jackson (I ran out of steam when it came to the details of his young friends after the first.) Wanker (talk) 01:44, 22 June 2016 (UTC)