|Nominate an article to be in the New and recently improved articles section for the main page.
Articles should exemplify our very best work and show a standard of writing, sourcing, and a presentation that is clean and neat. In addition to meeting the policies regarding content and relevance for all BoyWiki articles, articles should have the attributes listed below.
- 1. It should be:
- well-written: its prose is engaging, even brilliant, and of a professional standard;
- comprehensive: it neglects no major facts or details and places the subject in context;
- well-researched: it is a thorough and representative survey of the relevant literature. Claims are verifiable against high-quality reliable sources and are supported by inline citations where appropriate;
- neutral: it presents views fairly and without bias or derogatory terminology directed at boylovers; and
- stable: it is not subject to ongoing edit wars and its content does not change significantly from day to day, except in response to the featured article process.
- 2. It should follow the style guidelines, including the provision of—
- a lead: a concise lead section that summarizes the topic and prepares the reader for the detail in the subsequent sections;
- appropriate structure: a system of hierarchical section headings and a substantial but not overwhelming table of contents; and
- consistent citations: consistently formatted inline citations using either footnotes () or Harvard referencing (Smith 2007, p. 1) The use of citation templates is not required but encouraged. Use of verifiable and high-quality reliable sources and are supported by inline citations where appropriate.
- Media. It has images and other media, where appropriate, with succinct captions, and acceptable copyright status. Images included follow the image use policy.
- Length. It should stay focused on the main topic without going into unnecessary detail and uses summary style. Articles nominated need to be beyond the fledglings stage and be a comprehensive overview of the subject presented.
- If you are not registered at BoyWiki, you can nominate an entry by emailing: Etenne@boywiki.org