An online message board (also known as a forum) allows users to post messages that may be viewed by other users at their leisure. It differs from online chat in that messages stay visible for a longer period of time, often for months or indefinitely. (Confusingly, some call message boards chat boards.)
A message board may be password-protected to any of several levels. The most liberal boards allow posting to non-registered users. Others allow non-registered users to read posted messages, but require registration and login in order to post. The most restrictive disallow both posting and browsing to non-registered users. The latter group is considered a security risk by concerned boylovers because the appearance of a closed community may attract the attention of law enforcement or vigilantes.
A Boylover online message board is a type of online message board available specifically for BoyLovers to post messages, and to receive responses to their messages from others (who may or may not also be BoyLovers).
In 1995, BoyChat, a message board for boylovers, was established. In 1997, participants on BoyChat and other online resources formed Free Spirits, an umbrella organization with the mission of raising money and providing secure Internet hosting services. The Montreal Ganymede Collective was formed in Montreal by Free Spirits members in 1998 as a forum for boylovers to meet in the real world. In 2000, girllovers started their own message board funded entirely from contributions, known as GirlChat.
Forums and the right to free speech
In many jurisdictions, guarantees of free speech ensure the rights of everyone to publicly express themselves and their views and opinions. Unfortunately, some jurisdictions have begun to limit "free speech" if opinions are expressed which are contrary to the received wisdom regarding certain forms of sexuality, pedophilia or pederasty in particular.
Benefits of forums
Online forums allow a place for otherwise marginalized people to express their personal frustrations, ask for and receive support, and to generally "have a voice" to express their opinions.
Risks associated with forums
There are a number of serious risks associated with participating in or posting on message boards.
If proof can be provided by the police that someone has visited a ChildLove board, this may be admitted into evidence in court when prosecuting the person for offenses related to Child molesting or child pornography, and increase the likelihood of conviction.
Disclosure of personal information by board posters
Many ChildLovers have inadvertently disclosed personal information about themselves on boards, which has often led to either their persecution by anti-pedophile activists ("antis") or, worse, their arrest and prosecution. Personal information on posters is recorded over time, and the aggregating of small bits of information may eventually lead to a more-complete profile of the user, allowing his real-life identity to be discovered. Users who post any information on ChildLove boards which is identical to information they have posted on other Internet sites (where his real-life identity is disclosed) is almost certain to be outed and have his real-life identity disclosed by "antis" or become the subject of police investigations.
Archives of older posts
Some boards maintain archives of older posts. These archives may be read by either registered members of the board, or by the public at large. Those posting to boards that maintain archives should be aware that personal information they have given about themselves in the past may be archived, and they should be aware of this fact when including new personal information in newer posts. Information may be aggregated by "profilers", providing enough information to "out" the poster -- that is, to disclose the posters real-life identity. It remains the poster's responsibility to ensure they remain safe and secure when posting.
Archiving of posts by Google, etc.
Some boards allow Google to "crawl" their board, and make a copy of each post. This is controlled by the instructions within the "Robots.txt" file in the root directory of the board. BoyChat opened their board to be crawled by Google in 2007, in order to make BoyChat move visible to BoyLovers surfing the Internet.ref needed
IP address harvesting
Boards may "harvest" (collect) the IP address of those accessing the board, and maintain permanent records of them. If the board is compromised by law enforcement agencies, the identity of anyone who has accessed the board without using Tor browsing bundle will then be known to the police. If the user has admitted to any activities which may be legal (or even quasi-legal) the user may find himself being investigated
It is possible for law enforcement agencies to implant exploits into forum software, without the knowledge of the board administrators.
Law enforcement monitoring of forums
Law enforcement agencies regularly monitor boards to collect information on the users.
Forums as "honeypots"
Law enforcement agencies have been know to "capture" (to take over the running of) forums, and anyone who has disclosed personal information or visited the site without the protection of Tor is then at great risk of investigation or arrest.
- IP addresses
- Anonymous (group)
- How not to accidentally out yourself
- Child advocate (dictionary)
- Perverted Justice
- Azov Films Prosecutions The investigation and prosecution of purchasers of films featuring child nudity
- child advocate
- Free Spirits
- Online boylover community
- Online chat
- Christian Boylove Forum
- Religious Debate Chat
- Boylovers United
- Boylove community
- Fireheart forum
- Pedologues Podcast
- Sure Quality Radio
- Text of the Boylove Manifesto (English)
- A History of BoyChat by Alexis
- A History of BoyChat by Alexis (Jongen's Warning)
- A History of BoyChat by Alexis (Technical Committee)
- Religious Debate Chat
- Tripp Clarence
- Instant Messaging
- boy moment
- sexual recovery forums
- Close Encounters
- Dethreaded (dictionary)
- Freedom Board - https://freespirits.org/freedom/
- Free Paed Cooperative
- GirlChat - https://www.annabelleigh.net/
- real life
- Instant Messaging
- IP harvesting
- Boylove Survey and Research Institute
- Russia - Information on Russian boylovers and chatboards
- The following links are to articles on Free Spirits resources:
- [[BoyWiki Council**
- BoyChat Steering Committee
- BoyChat Technical Committee
- Digiweb hosting crisis
- Free Spirits Committee
- Free Spirits Council
- Free Spirits Homepage - https://freespirits.org/
- BoyChat - https://www.boychat.org/
- BoyLinks - https://www.boylinks.net/
- BoyWiki - https://www.boywiki.org/
- BoyWrite - https://freespirits.org/bw/
- El Castillo Azul - https://www.castilloazul.org/
- La Garçonnière - https://www.legarcon.net/
- Jongensforum - https://www.jongensforum.net/
- Jungsforum - https://jungsforum.net/
- LifeLine - https://freespirits.org/lifeline/
- The following links are to archived copies of various forums or ChildLove sites -- many of which may now be defunct
- Alice Day
- International BoyLove Day
- Free Spirits - umbrealla organization providing many websites for the boylove community
- MARTIJN - Dutch association for the acceptance of pedophilia and adult-child love relationships
- Free Paed Cooperative
- Boylover.net - boylove chat forum and resources
- tkGL.net - girl love discussion forum, chat, support and resources
- GirlTales - girl love chat forum & resources
- Sure Quality Radio - boylove internet radio station
- ! IMPORTANT !
- The Tor browser, which ensures almost perfect anonymity:
- Tor Project - Tor project proxy
- NOTE: Not all of the following are currently active. You may want to use the http://archive.org Wayback machine to find archived copies of defunct websites.
- Honey Pot or Legit Site? --- BlackTurtle.us blog post dated February 7, 2010  Accessed: 2012-11-03. (Archived by WebCite® at www.webcitation.org)
Snapshots of BLSafetyNet from the Internet Archive Wayback Machine:
- blsafety.net Archived copies
- Forum on 8 June 2003
- All archived pages (including some gallery pictures) WARNING-NOTICE THAT FLASH PLAYER MUST BE ENABLED-THIS IS A SECURITY RISK.
- Young City archived page
- https://pedofilie.nl (Dutch site)