|Centuries:||20th century - 21st century - 22nd century|
|Decades:|| 1980s 1990s 2000s - 2010s - 2020s 2030s 2040s
|Years:||2010 2011 2012 - 2013 - 2014 2015 2016|
2013 (MMXIII) was a common year starting on Tuesday of the Gregorian calendar (dominical letter F), the 2013th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 13th year of the 3rd millennium, the 13th year of the 21st century, and the 4th year of the 2010s decade.
- The beginning of 2013 continued to be dominated by discussion of the Azov Films Prosecutions and numerous posts were made to BoyChat on this subject. Several BoyChat participants have been providing information and links to information to not only inform journalists and the public but also to defense attorneys of the pertinent but often concealed details of these cases . It is still unclear at this point if the United States prosecutors and United States Postal Inspection Service will succeed their efforts to redefine US law to include depictions of nonsexual nudity as pornography.
- February was a cold month indeed marked by a number of Azov arrests in what is now being called Operation Spade. Many men are having their lives destroyed and are being imprisoned over naturalist films that they purchased believing that they were perfectly legal.
- There was also a great deal of discussion towards the end of the month regarding the pros and cons of James Cantor's (University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine) use of MRIs and other techniques to study the role of the brain in sexuality and his attempts to identify markers demonstrating biological contributions to the development of pedophilia.
- Reports from Britain indicate that pedosexual hysteria has reached a new high in that country in the wake of the Jimmy Savile sexual abuse scandal.
- In one of the longest threads in BoyChat history, Eric Tazelaar discussed the current role of NAMBLA within the boylove community.
- We were all saddened by the news of the passing of both Calloway and KRB.
- In a court preceding that could have been straight out of the Dark Ages or the Spanish Inquisition, artist Graham Ovenden was found guilty at Truro crown court of six charges of indecency with a child and one count of indecent assault.
- On Alice Day, there were a number of cyber-attacks against various websites including BoyChat and NAMBLA by a criminal organization of cyber vigilantes opposed to free speech.
- In an article dated May 8, 2013, Barbara Hewson stated: “ I do not support the persecution of old men. The manipulation of the rule of law by the Savile Inquisition – otherwise known as Operation Yewtree – and its attendant zealots poses a far graver threat to society than anything Jimmy Savile ever did.”  This resulted in further moral panic. 
- There continues to be a great deal of debate in the Boylove community over the use of the drug “ Depo-Provera” in the treatment of minor attracted people by mental health organizations and whether this is a legitimate treatment or abuse.
- At the beginning of June, it came to light that Free Spirits was behind on paying its hosting costs by about a year. Unfortunately, what remained of the FSC had chosen that exact moment to go on holiday. The host gave Free Spirits an ultimatum, to pay its bill or they would pull the plug. A number of recommendations were made by Boy Chat participants and an ad hock committee was setup. Out of this, the 2013 Free Spirits fundraiser was born.
- The participants of Free Spirits were able to pay off their debt to their host due primarily to a number of large contributions from the members of the Jungsforum.
- Several people who were arrested due to warrants issued as a result of the Azov Films raid were sentenced to inordinately long prison terms. However, none of the convictions were based solely on Azov materials but on possession of non-Azov related pornographic material.
- The month of August really heated up with discussion about an interview with James Cantor, Ph.D. in The Atlantic entitled, “What Can Be Done About Pedophilia?” . 
- The group known as Virtuous Pedophiles descended on BoyChat which lead to a very lively discussion about what is and is not harmful to minors.
- The topic of chemical castration continues to be a red hot issue within the boylove community and there was a very lively discussion of this on Tom O'Carroll’s blog: Heretic TOC after he posted an article entitled, Chemical castration and B4U-ACT: a challenge.  Modern Boylover Magazine released Issue 12 of its online magazine.
- Due to pressure from a Christian news site and a number of smaller, right-wing blogs, the APA has decided deny that Pedophilia is a ‘sexual orientation’ and to change "sexual orientation" to "sexual interest" and deny that they ever intended the entry in DSM-5 to say sexual orientation despite months of prepublication discussion on the topic.
- As a response to the APA's decision to remove sexual orientation from their entry on pedophilia, a campaign was organized called "Fight Back" which encouraged people to respond to the right-wing Christian propaganda by adding a graphic to their websites and by sending an email with the graphic to both APAs.
- Operation Spade made public that they were indeed targeting costumers of Azov films. A number of inflammatory and sensationalized newspaper articles were printed describing Azov Films as distributing "the worst child pornography that the police had ever seen"  despite the fact that the films only featured nudity and not pornographic sexual acts as implied by tabloid journalists.
- James Cantor was featured in an article entitled, Is pedophilia a sexual orientation? published in the Toronto Star. Dr. Cantor also made several statements on BoyChat showing his support for the group known as Virtuous Pedophiles, who advocate for sexual abstinence among minor attracted people.
- See Category:Births
- July 22, 2013 - Prince George of England. (His Royal Highness Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge)
March 2013 - The Barron aka Calloway long time BoyChat participant.
March 2013 - KRB long time BoyChat participant, tech support member for the FSC, and dear friend to many passed.
May 9th 2013 - Leland Stevenson member of the Steering Committee of NAMBLA for many years, and the "star" of Adi Sideman's documentary on the organization Chicken Hawk
July 2013 - We were all saddened to learn of the death of St. Mule.
August 11 2013 - Daryl Robertson, 39, of Eliot, Maine took his own life after being arrested on charges related to Azov Films.
October 28 2013 - David Smith a former BBC chauffeur committed suicide as a result of Operation Yewtree. 
December 2013 - We learned of the passing of BoyChat participant Buke.
- St. Mule passed away
- Is pedophilia a sexual orientation?
- "Ex-teacher facing child porn charges died by suicide", Seacoastonline.com, 3 October 2013. Retrieved on 3 October 2014.
- "Former driver for BBC personalities found dead after failing to show in court", The Guardian, 29 October 2013. Retrieved on 29 October 2013.
- Homepage - James Cantor
- Wikipedia - Jimmy Savile sexual abuse scandal
- The NAMBLA home page
- Wikipedia - Graham Ovenden